Skip to main content

Best Photographs of Me Ever Taken (So Far)

I do love photography.

Though I didn't taking many images in the past few years about anything including myself, turns out I have some good visual memories saved in my laptop.

Some of them are photos of me with friends and family, things that were attracting me at the moment, nature views and surely myself alone.

And for this post itself, I will publish 2 photographs of me that I'm considering them as the best shots so far plus 1 photo as a bonus.

Before that, I'd like to credit the photographer himself which is my friend called as Akga. He was a photography student in ISI, Indonesian Institute of the Arts, Yogyakarta.

If I am remembering who were taken the pictures, it was him. I could be wrong in this since that time, we were with other friends taken a break at Parangtritis beach. So I don't really know who have held the camera and took my pictures.

But, I think it doesn't matter at all, let's just say it was Akga. So, the first image is this.


For this first image, I know that my hand was acting weirdo. I don't even know why was that. On the right side of the frame, I think there is also someone which surely it was my friend.

The used camera was Nikon and I am pretty sure that the source of light from the right side was coming from the external flash.

It was in the night and very little light around so the external flash will be good to brought by. Even more, an external flash is also perfect as the light's source of any possible angles when taking pictures especially when you've got someone holding it around.

Not to mention that it is also succeed to make my shadow being appeared o the left while the light on the foreground and background showing the high contrast without harming my eyes when seeing the photo.

That is a perfect blend of light and colors for me that taking my memory to the past. All in all, the image is great for me with all the 'mistakes' it has.

For the second best photograph, it is no different.


There is me, the light, the dark, and the sands. No strange hand and someone in the background.

One main interesting thing that is attracting me the most about this second image is the way how I'm seeing my right eye in the dark side.

All I know to date is that I think my eyes are black just like most people in Indonesia. That's it. So that when I'm seeing myself in the mirror, I haven't seen any other colors.

But this photo is showing me that my eyes are actually brown.

I could be wrong in this since I'm not the one who are learning about human body especially for the eyes. But frankly speaking, don't you see there is also the brown side in my eyes?

I know I will investigate this any further. But for now, at least I know that photography can also guide me to know my own self.

Apart from photography assessment or point of view, I am now seeing myself differently through this image.

And for your information, I just edited the above 2 images by changed their resolution from 300 DPI to 72 DPI using Photopea, an advanced web-base image editor that is possible to be an alternative to Photoshop.

I've done that in purpose to resize the images so my blog's storage won't be reduced significantly. I'm not changed the colors, the contrast and brightness are still the same and others.

And lastly, your bonus.

This is an image of me jumping happily for this relatively best photographs about myself in the same location and time as above images.


That's all for now and I hope I can also see the best photographs about yourself.

See also my other photography posts I have taken myself before here:

Comments

Trending

How Prophet Muhammad Deal With Racism?

I don't know if this will be a new thing for you, but I've heard the story about Bilal Ibn Rabah, an enslaved black man punished for embraced Islam and followed the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Get Paid $1,500 to Go Camping and Rate Your Sleep Experience

Getting paid $1,500 while camping and rating your sleep experience sounds too good to be true, right? But that's the real legit deal and could be a dream job for many.