Skip to main content

Seaside of Tomia Island, Wakatobi

Couple of year ago, I have been published articles showing about the seaside of Tomia Island in Wakatobi. But then, I think I have deleted the posts when I decided to move them to a self-hosted WordPress blog which I am no longer extend its domain.

Today, while thinking about what else to share with you, I stumble upon to my Google Album Archive account and found out that I still got the photographs I took years ago. So, I think that since the images mean a lot to me, then why not sharing them with you.

But first, I ain't an expert in photography but an amateur one. I could be as the other common people taking pictures with their own camera to capture the moment. By that time when I was in Tomia Island and even until today, seaside is always an interesting thing to enjoy and share. And so what you are going to see in this post.

Sadly to say, some images have my own name on them and some don't. So, I apologize if that will be bothering the way you are seeing the images. Here we go!

Shipwreck laying down on seaside of Tomia Island
The wooden shipwreck laying down on the seaside of Tomia Island when the water is shallow and running dry.

When no waves in Tomia Island
How the deep sea looks like in Tomia Island when the weather is bright and without the waves. There is a small building (left) called as Huma in the middle of the ocean built by the fishermen as a place to take a rest while fishing as well as to store and cultivate the fish catches.

A boat is towing another boat in the middle of the sea
Towing another broken boat in the ocean. The boat was actually used by my friends to went out for fishing in another night and its machine was broken while they were miles away from the island. Fortunately, they can still got the phone signal to reached out the people on the land. I took the image when I was standing on the towed broken boat.
how sunset appears in Tomia Island
Regular view on Tomia Island when the sun is set on the west. When the water is tiding up, you can see one or even some people are still fishing until the dark is coming or going home from fishing with small boat made of wood.

Some islands in Tomia, Wakatobi
Tomia Island is surrounded by the other nearby islands as well. On a bright day like the above picture, they are pretty much clear showing their own charm. A fisherman boat is also appeared on the foreground and sometimes, the boat itself is also used to pick up the ship passengers that can't be docked on the nearby sea bridge due to wave and low tide.

View of coconut tree's leaf beside the sea in Tomia Island
I was pictured this from my grand parent's house. It was the backyard of my friend's house. Commonly, houses on the beach built using a foundation of stacked stones. So if I will need to make a garden or simply to grow the coconut trees, I will get a pile of soil on the stones.

Backyard of beach houses in Tomia Island
This will be the sea backyards of how houses on the beach will look like in certain area of Tomia Island. The image was taken at the village of Bahari, Usuku. Small boats were leaned near the house while the water is tiding. If you are staying here, nature have been prepared your own swimming pool.

Read also: Where is Wakatobi and How to Get There?

That's all for now. I hope you are enjoying what I have served you about the images of the seaside of Tomia Island in Wakatobi, Indonesia along with the short stories behind them.

Comments

Trending

How Prophet Muhammad Deal With Racism?

I don't know if this will be a new thing for you, but I've heard the story about Bilal Ibn Rabah, an enslaved black man punished for embraced Islam and followed the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Get Paid $1,500 to Go Camping and Rate Your Sleep Experience

Getting paid $1,500 while camping and rating your sleep experience sounds too good to be true, right? But that's the real legit deal and could be a dream job for many.

Get Images From Pixabay Without reCAPTCHA

When we are going to get an image from Pixabay, the chosen image resolution may causing the site to show the reCAPTCHA pop-up box to verify that we are a human and not the robots. The site itself is offering users the 4 different image size and capacity (different resolution). The first resolution is the lowest and we can get the image right away when hitting the download button. Meanwhile for the second and third resolution, base on my experience, almost 100% the reCAPTCHA box will be displayed and we should getting through the process before start downloading. Different with the last option which is the highest image resolution, we will have to login to the site to get it.