Skip to main content

Quantity Over Quality in Blogging

Don't make other people especially bloggers stopping you from sharing contents in your own blog. Even if you are only able to publish a thin content contained with only an image and 20 words today, just do it!

Write it down and go click on Publish button.

Even if the others including me are telling you to write quite length posts, just focus on yourself and your own ability.

Quantity over quality. That's not a trick, that's a strategy!

I created this blog past few years ago with contents that are not even reaching up to 100 posts yet since 32 of them had been removed for important reason.

And until today, I am telling myself that I should've been publishing more because all the posts will automatically becoming my valuable digital assets.

If I recalls my memory correctly, my first blog was created in 2014, 6 years ago.

Imagine if I could only manage one blog and possible to publish 2 posts a day. Then by the end of this year, 2020, I should have been published around 4,380 articles.

How post quantity is better than quality

That's a huge number no matter how short and long the posts are. I am now have becoming the one who are believing that quantity can be the winner over quality.

I mean, even a single selfie image without deep meaning at all that is uploaded to Facebook or Instagram without any description or caption can make our friends sending some interactions such as Like, share, comment, etc.

And when they are knowing that your main daily activity is managing a blog, when a post will be shared on social media, some of them will still interesting to pay a visit.

The reason is simple.

Because they have been putting their trust in you personally. And no matter how 'crazy' or even how stupid your blog posts are, there will always be the ones who are giving their loyalty more than the others whether or not they agree with your idea.

In my opinion, the strategy of increasing the quantity over quality in publishing blog contents can still leading someone into success.

Have you heard about Linda Ikeji, a blogger from Nigeria?

Years before, she was managing her Blogspot blog alone by publishing so many posts. Even, I have found that many of her posts were only contained with image(s) alone and no text at all.

If there will be a text or words, sometime they just the titles of her posts. That's why she could publish up to hundred of post a day and thousands of publication in a week.

But she was doing it consistently for years. And look at her blog now!

Many bloggers are admiring her works for years and even many are saying that she is one of the successful bloggers in the world that I myself have not been found out that she ever wrote down about how to deal with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

She simply publishing more and more as possible.

What I have been learning from her until today in perspective of the content quality is that let the readers or visitors be the judge for that.

I am sure that many of bloggers have their own quality standards in answering what makes a content will be great. But let's just be honest to ourselves that what we are perceiving as the useful or interesting contents to read can be the dull ones for the others and vice versa.

Therefore, what I am telling to myself is "let's just write anything and publish them no matter what. I am not trying to harm anyone with my words." That's all.

Starting from today onwards, it is fine to just believe that quantity can possibly boost quality. Just look at celebrities or even the members of parliament. The more often they are showing up, the more money they can earn.

In other hands, you may are better than them. You just don't need to act by following their stupid dark sides.

Comments

Trending

How Prophet Muhammad Deal With Racism?

I don't know if this will be a new thing for you, but I've heard the story about Bilal Ibn Rabah, an enslaved black man punished for embraced Islam and followed the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Get Images From Pixabay Without reCAPTCHA

When we are going to get an image from Pixabay, the chosen image resolution may causing the site to show the reCAPTCHA pop-up box to verify that we are a human and not the robots. The site itself is offering users the 4 different image size and capacity (different resolution). The first resolution is the lowest and we can get the image right away when hitting the download button. Meanwhile for the second and third resolution, base on my experience, almost 100% the reCAPTCHA box will be displayed and we should getting through the process before start downloading. Different with the last option which is the highest image resolution, we will have to login to the site to get it.