Skip to main content

Best Time for Me to Use PNG Images for Blog Post

There are 3 popular formats of image that I usually being used them in my blog posts which are PNG, JPEG and JPG.

Among these 3 formats, my favorite one is PNG for one main reason: high quality images to get with low file size after editing process so I could save more of my blog's storage (hosting).

But just because I faves it so much, then all images will be turned into PNG. There are certain times I won't think about it at all and times I think it must be an image format I have to use.

When I will mostly use PNG images?

My favorite site to get free high quality images is Pixabay. Interestingly, everyone can get photos, vector graphics as well as illustrations.

And when I have decided to get PNG images (vector graphics) for my blog post, there is one important requirement I have set for myself which is:
"PNG images should not contained with dominant color gradation or 100% of the graphics are only using solid color for all objects and elements!"
Just in case you are wondering about how color gradation and solid color looks like in an image, here is the comparison.

comparison of gradient color and solid color

If you are asking me why, then the answer can be figured out on the result of editing process. For this, I'd like to show you an example.

Example of vector graphic that only contained with solid colors

The above image you just shown is downloaded from Pixabay. The dimension is 1280x960 pixels and its size is 137 kb when saved in my laptop.

But before uploaded it to this post, I decided to resize the image online by using freephototool.com.

What I have done is as simple as only reducing the image quality to 2% but the quality itself is still not different with the original one and I didn't change the dimension or else.

That's why I love PNG pictures.

How to reduce image size while keeping the quality at its best

The end result is the above image that the file size is only around 22.1 kb. Compared to the original size, I can save around 114.9 kb for my storage.

That's the best time how I use the PNG images for my blog.

However, if there will be a vector-based picture that I still need to use and contained with gradient colors, it depending on how the result after being edited it.

If the end result is not ruining the whole picture and the size is still acceptable, then I wouldn't mind to using it here.

For the photos in JPG and JPEG format themselves or pictures generated by the camera, I rarely turn them into PNG since mostly the file size will really bigger than the original ones.

But depend on the end result. If, again, I am Ok with the quality as well as the size, sometimes I am not bothered to convert JPEG/JPG into PNG.

Comments

Trending

How Prophet Muhammad Deal With Racism?

I don't know if this will be a new thing for you, but I've heard the story about Bilal Ibn Rabah, an enslaved black man punished for embraced Islam and followed the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Get Paid $1,500 to Go Camping and Rate Your Sleep Experience

Getting paid $1,500 while camping and rating your sleep experience sounds too good to be true, right? But that's the real legit deal and could be a dream job for many.