Skip to main content

I'm Embarrassed by My Own Comment

If you ever feel embarrassed by things you've done in internet, you are not alone. I did some mistakes, too.

There was a shameful mistake I've done before and it was a comment on someone else's post.

I won't tell you the words about it and where I have posted the comment, but the clues of what I have done are:
  • I wrote thing that showed as if my idea is the best one and being contrary to the main idea.
  • I was being the smart-ass expert while I wasn't.
  • Back then, I thought my comment was wise but now I'm thinking that I was just totally a jerk.
If you don't really get what I mean, think about your comments years ago. You may still remembering which sites or blogs you had been visited before and left a comment. You may also still remembering the post's titles.

Give yourself a time and pay a visit. Your comments may still existed.

The worst part that I experienced is that the other users whom are reading my comments are replied me in a way I could never imagined. WORST!

Embarrassed by my own comment

And the site's webmasters are still showing them that. Whether or not the developers have been changing its web design, my comment is still there and it is so embarrassing.

Lucky for me, I didn't write down my blog URL. You know when you are participating in a comment section of a blog post, there's a form to input your site's URL, right? Thank's God I don't do that.

At least, I am more comfortable to believe that the displayed name on my comment can be anyone and not only addressed to me since my name is pretty much common in my country.

Still, because I know that it was my comment, I can't really get away from being ashamed by myself. You do know and familiar to this feeling, don't you?

"God, forgive me for how stupid I was" that's what I'm saying to myself when thinking about it.

Therefore, let me remind you one thing: Better safe than sorry! If you don't really sure about what you are doing in a comment section and you have no idea about the implications of your doings, just leaves it!

But if you're insisting, make sure it's the funny comment that everyone will laughed at.

Comments

Trending

How Prophet Muhammad Deal With Racism?

I don't know if this will be a new thing for you, but I've heard the story about Bilal Ibn Rabah, an enslaved black man punished for embraced Islam and followed the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Get Paid $1,500 to Go Camping and Rate Your Sleep Experience

Getting paid $1,500 while camping and rating your sleep experience sounds too good to be true, right? But that's the real legit deal and could be a dream job for many.