Skip to main content

I Bought an Expired Domain and Build New Blog in Different Language

Last year in 2019, I bought an expired domain name and turned into a multiple topic blog in completely different language.

The domain itself was an English personal blog when I checked it in Wayback Machine that I have changed it into an Indonesian blog.

Built multiple topic blog with expired domain

The interesting things about the domain are:
  • Its name consists of 19 words.
  • (I think) most of the backlinks are from comment form which so many of its anchor texts are only a word "d".
To date, the blog is only generating hundreds of visitor from search engines that mainly dominated from Google.

No link building was applied since I've registered the domain. Even if there will be one or two, the links will not really powerful at all.

All I want to say is that, build a new blog with an expired domain as the main blog is not a matter at all even tough it was in different language before.

If an expired domain is great to be used as PBN, Tier-2 or even Tier-3, than it is also powerful to be the main site.

In fact, no matter how low quality its backlinks are, at least I've got a domain with a Domain Authority's score that is more than 10 since the day 1 it was activated.

I'm not a fans of MOZ metric or any other tools, but it can be something to be proud of, right?

So, the next time you are finding a good expired domain with good quality of metric and wants to buy it for whatever reasons you've got, then start your own experiment right away. No more waiting.

As long as the domain names have never been penalized or deindexed by Google before, mostly you are good to go.

I am writing this with a simple idea that can also be my plan in the future.

The blog has been giving me traffics as well as dominating some of high competition keywords. Therefore, what if I will keep on publishing new posts and starting my link building strategy?

Don't you think it will be a potential blog to get some money or using it as a good source of backlinks?

Finding aged domains in internet is easy. Analyzing all the potential ones are also not that hard since there have been so many free tools and sites you can visit. Also, you don't always need to spend more money on it.

The domain name I'm talking about was built with WordPress engine before. But then, I couldn't afford to buy a hosting plan by the time. So that, I simply use the Blogspot platform to re-build it.

And the result is still as awesome as I could imagine. The blog has been ready to be optimized, but I just not starting it yet.

Last but not the least, I'm doing this as part of my SEO experiment. Just in case you have a doubt in mind, you're good for not taking my advice.

Comments

Trending

How Prophet Muhammad Deal With Racism?

I don't know if this will be a new thing for you, but I've heard the story about Bilal Ibn Rabah, an enslaved black man punished for embraced Islam and followed the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Get Paid $1,500 to Go Camping and Rate Your Sleep Experience

Getting paid $1,500 while camping and rating your sleep experience sounds too good to be true, right? But that's the real legit deal and could be a dream job for many.

Get Images From Pixabay Without reCAPTCHA

When we are going to get an image from Pixabay, the chosen image resolution may causing the site to show the reCAPTCHA pop-up box to verify that we are a human and not the robots. The site itself is offering users the 4 different image size and capacity (different resolution). The first resolution is the lowest and we can get the image right away when hitting the download button. Meanwhile for the second and third resolution, base on my experience, almost 100% the reCAPTCHA box will be displayed and we should getting through the process before start downloading. Different with the last option which is the highest image resolution, we will have to login to the site to get it.