Skip to main content

FocusWriter Review: Less-Distraction Writing App For Bloggers

NucaCuna - For me, most of the times of managing a blog is about writing or producing contents. It is not only means that I should write more consistently but also using the right tools that could increase my productivity.

Before, using Microsoft Office Word was my priority when not writing directly on my blog’s editor. Sometimes, I did also found myself using Notepad, WordPad, WPS Office or even Google Document.

Thinking about of all those apps I have been used, my mind is telling me that there could only be one reason for that; all of the above tools have too many displayed menus and features.

NotePad could actually be the best choice, but surely that re-read what I have just written is hard since the paragraph should be scrolled to the right and I have never getting used to its way.

Meanwhile, WordPad itself is actually the great one as well. But, I need one that is more simpler than that.

Since I am mostly producing my blog contents on notebook, I need a writing tool that has the most simple User Interface (UI) as I needed but the words will still be shown or ordered in a normal paragraph format as usual.

I don’t really need more menus since the article can be still be edited and formatted on my blog’s editor.

Just a simple laptop software to write and surely it must be as lighter as it can be to get rid-off unnecessary hassles and leads me to get more focus on writing with less-distraction.

Therefore, I have found and giving an application a try that is called as FocusWriter.
Finds out how good the FocusWriter app for bloggers in writing blog contents offline
Let me tell you that the first good news is, it is free. And for your information, what I am going to review this time is focusing only to its advantages as it have been helping me to write 10 articles right after installed it while spending some hours.

The post you are reading right now is also using FocusWriter. So, there will be 11 blog contents that have been finished right after using the app under 24 hours. Especially for bloggers out there, do you think that I will recommending the software for you to write offline? Does it really helps me base on my requirements on above?

Let’s find them out!

1. Get-rid off distractions on writing with simple User Interface

I ain’t an expert in talk about what the best UI should be applied on an app. But as a user, my User Experience (UX) have told me that simplicity is gold. I am not using it for admiring how complete the menus are. I just want to write and my eyes will only need to see the canvas.

That’s where the FocusWriter is winning the game.

All I see when writing are only the paper, the scrathing ink and its background with solid color as my own preference. Finding the setting itself and start changing the background will only takes under 1 minute and I think it is effortless and shouldn’t be counted as an issue.

2. Where are the menus or features are hidden? There should be some of them.

Now, it is getting even more interesting to me.

All of the available menus or features from this app are secretly hidden but the only secret recipe to display them is by pointing the cursor to the left or top corner of my screen. And voila, there you can find them all.

The left part window is not actually important and I think that blogger like me won’t needs it at all. But the main things are on the top where all the important menus and program setup can be found.

Anyway, the right corner is where the scroll bar is at and the bottom one is the document tab. If you are opening more documents, you can see them on below tab and jump from one document to another.
Location of all available hidden menus and features on FocusWriter app
Earlier on above, I have told you that I won’t see anything and just focusing writing, right?

Apparently, this app has becoming the one that I have been looking for. It won’t be stressful any longer since all i need to do is thinking about the words and start typing them.

3. You will find that there is no page break at all in FocusWriter

I don’t know whether the page break is not available at all or hidden. I am not looking for more information about that any further since it won’t be needed for my blogging activity which is great.

Even, without page break, it encourages you to write more longer content until your mind telling you it is enough and you should stop writing now. You won’t be bothered to count of how many pages you have been written to say the least.

Fortunately, the word count is still available on the bottom menu on top of the tab section. That only the important matter you need as an extra.

That’s it.

The above 3 points are all I need and I don’t think to explore the FocusWriter app even more. I have found what I really need the most from this software which is helping me to be more productive in writing blog contents without have to bother myself with any possible distractions that should never be exist.

So far, I think that I will still using it for the next weeks or months or could be for a long term in writing for my blog. That's my conclusion for now.

Comments

Trending

How Prophet Muhammad Deal With Racism?

I don't know if this will be a new thing for you, but I've heard the story about Bilal Ibn Rabah, an enslaved black man punished for embraced Islam and followed the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Get Paid $1,500 to Go Camping and Rate Your Sleep Experience

Getting paid $1,500 while camping and rating your sleep experience sounds too good to be true, right? But that's the real legit deal and could be a dream job for many.