Skip to main content

Dear Spammers, I Don't Need Fake Traffics

I hate fake traffics in my blog sent by spammers. I don't know why they are doing this.

Mostly, when my blog get the spam traffics, the stats feature on Blogger will be showing a spike of visitors higher than usual.

Sometimes, its makes me glad for a second. But when checking the referring sites, there you will know that the spike is fake.

How could be an external site referring to my blog that mostly without any link at all? See the below image and you will find some of such sites that I mean.

Fake referring sites that create fake traffics

My top referring site was coming from onlinenow.top/shopydiva. Beside from search engines and my blog, the other URLs are useless and fake.

I keep on getting those fake traffics almost everyday for the whole year.

And if I am going to investigate them more by checking my Google Analytics account I've been using for this blog, most of the referring URLs and sites are even didn't exist. If there will be one, big chance that the bounce rate from those sites are high.

I think most of the visitors from those referring URLs are the robot crawlers or something like that. Not the real person for sure because they keep on coming for just seconds almost everyday.

There is actually one way to prevent those sites appeared in my blog statistics which is filtering the traffic source by excluding the domain names or their IP addresses in Google Analytics.

But then, they will keep on coming with other domains as well as the different IPs.

So, in case your blog is also experiencing the fake visitors and pageviews like mind, you can actually do 2 things which are:
  1. Never click directly on the referring URLs.
  2. Simply forget about them.
Mostly, you don't also need to worry about how it will affecting your blog in its relation to SEO. What those spammers are doing is only make you feel irritating and ruining your day. Your blog is fine.

But keep in mind and be aware if there will be a spike on the usage of your hosting usage if you are blogging with self-hosted WordPress, etc. So, simply analyze your hosting account regularly.

This is one of the bad news about blogging or managing a sites in digital world. Spammers will always be existing no matter how annoying they are and you can't do about that.

Comments

Trending

How Prophet Muhammad Deal With Racism?

I don't know if this will be a new thing for you, but I've heard the story about Bilal Ibn Rabah, an enslaved black man punished for embraced Islam and followed the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Get Paid $1,500 to Go Camping and Rate Your Sleep Experience

Getting paid $1,500 while camping and rating your sleep experience sounds too good to be true, right? But that's the real legit deal and could be a dream job for many.